Thursday, 31 January 2013

Emerald City

 
Did you know that Emerald is the Pantone colour of 2013?  I thought it was quite an unexpected colour but then I started noticing it around.  Funny how that happens!  Sometimes green can be a tricky colour to use in interiors; pale minty greens literally make me feel ill and sage green is so 80s country style.  But Emerald is so fresh!  

"Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony."

I love this home of stylist Muriel Verbist.  The green here looks totally fresh and I'm loving it mixed with blue too.  Whoever said that 'blue and green should never be seen' were complete liars, obviously!  My latest interiors project features accents of green, turquoise and blue inspired by the clients amazing artwork - it has been a pleasure to work with these colours!

Fibreglass rocker by Charles and Ray Eames. 'Mountain Spot Rug' by Donna Wilson. From Elle Decoration June 2011, styling Suzanne Stankus - photography Paul Raeside 
'Fjord' armchair by Patricia Urquiola by Moroso
LC in Colour by Cassina
Anglepoise mini desk lamp in Forest Green by Kenneth Grange
Minakani Wallpaper 
Bertoia Diamond Lounge Chair 
Found on Pintrest, sorry I don't have the credits for this image but I love it.
 
Did you see Beyonce singing the American national anthem during the Obama inauguration ceremony? How amazing are those earrings - just stunning!

So this year I'll be keeping an eye out for Emerald!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...